Thursday, May 3, 2012

Update



Rant time!:
I'm still alive! I know my absence is unexcused, and I really have nothing to show for it. I just really lost interest in blogging. :/ Does that mean I'll be gone for good? Probably not. :) There's just *too* much drama and bullshit going around the internet... with blogging, facebook groups and companies that I really feel awkward here anymore... this used to be something I loved, now I dread reading posts because it's saying "so and so did this" or "this person's a bitch, send the troops to go flame them!" blah blah blah. I really hate backstabbing and immature bullshit. I'm probably one of the youngest bloggers in the circle right now, and I'm kinda ashamed to say I'm one of the only people that's stayed away from the crap that circulated around. There are some people I still really care about on here though, and mainly the one who has kept me sane and gave me a glimmer of hope through all of this... Diana <3

I have no idea when/if things cool down I'd make some sort of fizzled out return... but until then just know this: I've improved, a lot! I have a shit ton more confidence now, better skills with my camera/lighting, WAY improved on my makeup techniques and have just generally grown and changed (as all teenagers do, right?).

I still really care about this. Blogging. Friends I've made (and probably lost through this long non-posting). Knowlege I've gained. Confidence I never knew I had. To be honest... I've been a huge creep these past couple months. I've been lurking around all your blogs, and I honest have read every single post that's popped up in my blogroll. I check it everyday, sometimes a few times daily... just didn't want to comment to avoid any awkwardness. Hope some of you still remember who I am.

4 comments:

  1. Girl, you brought a smile to my lips and a tear to my eye.....thanks...<3 I guess I am a drama free zone lol, but i do miss your posts and I hope one day you come back to blogging again..
    And you look so friggin' amazing I want to adopt you :-) love & hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes we do still remember who you are! I know where you're coming from with the drama thing honey, it seems there are a lot more people blogging now, and doing it for all the wrong reasons. Something that is new to me is the whole being contacted by companies to review their product or have a link to their website on your blog or whatever. I was recently emailed by one company (won't mention who!) who wanted me to put a huge link to their website at the very top of my blog, where people could see it 'without scrolling down', and 'shout out' to them as much as possible, for a $75 voucher for their website.. I just felt awkward about it and told them I wasn't interested! Fair enough, everyone likes getting something for nothing and there are some people who don't mind having their blog littered with ads, but to me, my blog is still my personal space, my hobby. I don't really like being told what to put on it, you know?? I have received a necklace from one website in return for including it in a post, but I had purchased something from them before, and the lady that I was contacted by was honestly so nice and genuine and she didn't make any ridiculous requests or that I have a link in my sidebar (I did that of my own free will, as the banner is really pretty!) that I was happy to oblige. I still felt kind of weird about it, but I just tried to be as honest as possible in my post about it. Wow, that turned out to be a little bit of a rant itself! Sorry! But yeah, although the blogiverse has changed a bit, don't let that stop you from doing your thing! I am mostly oblivious to any drama going around anyway, so it doesn't affect me that much. Looking forward to when you return to blogging, I miss all your awesome eyeshadow combinations! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to see you are still around! We all need a break from time to time! Your hair looks amazing! I try to stay out of the drama and ignore it as much as possible. Hope whatever has been going on has died down and you will be back more! Can't wait to see what you have in store for us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was so happy when i saw this new post from you , glad you're still around lovely ! I really mean that ! Missed you and your posts ! *hugs* <3

    ReplyDelete