Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Glamour Doll Eyes Review!

Okay, so I just realized I posted my haul and swatches, but never posted my review. =/ Fail. Anyways, on we go!

Glamour Doll is a pretty well known indie mineral makeup company. I can see that this is for good reason, their shadows are awesome. The order I received was from the customer appreciation sale, in which all full sizes were on sale for 50% off. They are normally $6 per full jar. I got 14 full sized eyeshadows, and got a free gloss with my order also. I don't think the Glamour Glosses are still available, so I won't post about it.

My swatches!

Dinospotz- WHOA! This one is so awesome! It's a beautiful redish brown with a blue-green shift! Totally in love. :D
Mind Reader- From the Twilight collection, this extremely dark blue with silver sparkles is lovely. One of my favs for sure. I was a little worried about this one when I ordered because it was a more matte base with glitter (which can lead to disaster!) but the glitter held and showed up on my lid wonderfully.
Trophy Wife- Totally like liquid gold. As soon as you open up the jar on this baby you can see that.
Masquerade- A smoky pink color, great for a dark or light eye.
Olivia Green- Another fave, this one is a matte PIGMENTED forest green.
Oddity- This is a very complex shade, a lime green with yellow/green shift and sparkles.
Stiletto- Bright matte pink. A little hard to work with because of the texture, but pretty nice overall.
Tattooed- OMG, so pretty! Another fav here, a bright ass purple with pink/purple shift and sparkle!
Grease Lightning- Only used this once in a look so far. Pretty nice texture, a dirty greenish gold with black/green/gold sparkles.
Veteran- Aww, I wish this was as pretty as it looked in the jar. A royal shimmery blue with bright red sparkles, which unfortunately don't show up too much once on the lid... over a sticky base. Maybe if you used it over some Pixie Epoxy, it'd work out better.
Victorian- A nice purple with a pink/purple/gold shift, which I haven't even used in a look yet. :o
Dusk- Dirty kind of blue with sparkles, this one's perfectly paired with Morgana's "Fortress"!
Stellar- Once again, wish this was as pretty as is was in the jar. It's supposed to be a blackened purple with purple and pink glitter, but no matter what I do to it, it just turns out black on the lid. =(
Radioactive- I've tried using this almost a dozen times, and it's almost impossible to use. It's so disappointing because when I opened my package this is the one I was most excited to use, but the texture is too hard for me to work with... and I'm used to working with mattes. =/

Customer service is wonderful, Vee is very dedicated to her business and her customers. Shipping was great and you do get a tracking number with your package, which fast and prompt. Prices are reasonable.

Would I order again?
Some products are hit and miss, but what does work is just plain awesome. Customer service is excellent and shipping was great.

Shipping: 5/5
Price: 5/5
Customer Service: 5/5
Product: 4/5

Overall: 19/20

http://glamourdolleyes.com/
http://twitter.com/glamourdolleyes
http://twitter.com/veeglamour

No comments:

Post a Comment