Saturday, January 1, 2011

WTF

WTF IS THIS? I just got this email a couple days ago, and now I'm worried! =(





X-Mailer: PHP/4.4.7 Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for maintaining a blog at blogspot. We would like to advise you that,

1) You frequently update the blog.
2) Monetize your blog to ensure its presence in the long term.
- We recommend the following to help you in this step.

BlogPlanner(.)tk
(Copy-paste it to browser, omitting the (.) )

** Please note that you can get 1 blog (only 1) without cost.
** Limited time availability.
** Non-transferrable.

Regards,

Thank You

Blogspost and Forit Organization




This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the system manager. This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual named. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system. If you are not the intended recipient you are notified that disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited.

5 comments:

  1. I don't know exactly what the sender is trying to achieve here, but this is definitely not an official email from Blogger... there's typos and broken English. Also, you can definitely have more than 1 blog on Blogger, and it doesn't cost anything... I used to have 2. I wouldn't go to their link or answer the email. You should find out what to do to report it to Blogger, because this is some sort of scam.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like the old "MSN MESSENGER SHUTTING DOWN/CHARGING FOR ACCOUNTS" e-mail chain spam.

    I googled 'blogspost and forit organisation' and it shows other people getting the same message, in various incarnations, mispelled and trying to sell something. It's your standard scam, just ignore it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got one of these too I just marked it as spam!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all, this has really eased my mind and frustration. I was hoping it was only a scam and I've been trying to ignore it for the past few days since I recieved it, but, my paranoia got the best of me.

    Thanks so much again! I'd hate for something as stupid as this to jeopardize my blogs. >.>

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got one of those as well, and was worried for about a minute. Then I realized if it was true, I'd just move my blog to another free blog service. What annoys the hell out of me is that Gmail, who I have my blog connected to, didn't filter out this crap as spam. Send it to spam or delete it.

    ReplyDelete